West Houston Dryer Vent, LLC formally opened its doors May, 2011 with the intention of becoming the best dryer vent technician service company in Houston and the surrounding communities. Having been a victim of what a clogged dryer vent can do to a home and dealing with the difficulties of finding a reputable company to help presented the need for such a company.
As first time business owners, we did our homework during the business setup process. We had expectations of what we wanted when a services company came to our home, but weren’t sure if it was the same with other families. We created a survey and polled many homeowners’ and families to determine what people wanted and expected from a service company. Our findings were inline with our expectations; people wanted honesty, professionalism, timeliness, communication, and up front pricing.
Our four pillars of our company came from that survey:
We pride ourselves on complete honesty at all times. It’s the right thing to do.
A key component to successfully working with customers is clear and effective communication. We will clearly communicate;
- Arrival times
- The process of the work to be completed
- Answer any and all questions
- How to contact us should the need arise
We clearly communicate the exact cost of your service prior to starting the job. Keeping things uncomplicated works for everyone. You will never encounter hidden fees or bait and switch tactics.
Our technicians take pride in being professional at all times. We know you can choose any company and we do everything possible to earn your business.
Here is a snapshot of our company and services
From the Boardroom to the Laundry Room
Joel Humburg – Owner
I am a native Houstonian and fourth generation Texan. I have my Bachelors of Science from University of Houston – Downtown and my MSc from North Texas State University in Denton. I am also very proud a veteran of our military services.
I worked in the IT industry for many years as an executive. However; after we had damage to our home due to a dryer vent, I became concerned about the safety of my family and others, which is why I started West Houston Dryer Vent Cleaning.
Brandon Cummings – Senior Technician
Brandon is another Texas native, originally from East Texas. Having been in different service industries since leaving the Army, he has found a home with us and we are very pleased to have him! We’ll post his picture as soon as we can get him to sit still!
Sports Director and Mascot
Our Certification Process:
Dryer vent cleaning is largely an unregulated profession. That was one of the problems I encountered when setting the company up years ago, so I developed an in-house training process.
We use an apprentice based training approach combined with DVD training. For us, a dryer vent technician is more that just an employee cleaning vents, they are the face of our company. We teach the technical aspects of cleaning dryer vents as well as customer service, communication, and ensuring our technicians solve the problem. Here is what it takes to become a dryer vent technician with our company:
- Every candidate must pass a pre-hire background check, drug screening, and be an honorably discharged veteran of the US military.
- An apprentice technician must ride for at least one week with a Master or Professional level technician. During this time, they become familiar with different styles of dryer vents, booster fans, all equipment, and customer service.
- After approximately fifty jobs in the field on their own, they become certified in-house dryer vent technicians.
- Our specialist levels are: Apprentice level (up to 50 jobs), Dryer Vent technician (Approx. 50+ jobs), Professional Technician (over 1000 jobs), and Master Technician (over 3000 service calls)
Our Warranty and what it covers:
We offer six (6) months warranty on dryer vent cleaning and one (1) year on all repair services.
- Our warranties are unconditional meaning that there is no hidden call out fee nor any other charges.
- We encourage our customers to ask if they think there “might be” a problem.
- After the six month warranty on cleaning our inspections are free to our customers. If we cannot solve it over the phone a technician will come by at a convent time and have a look.
- We are not responsible for any prior bad workmanship.
West Houston Dryer Vent Cleaning, LLC