More often than not, people just assume if they clean out their lint screen on their dryer then they are keeping things safe. Though this is a great habit to maintain over time, the truth is that the vent leading outside can be clogged or fully blocked creating slower drying times but more importantly increasing the risk of a household fire. Here are some common customer questions we hear surrounding dryer vent cleaning.
- When Should I Get My Dryer Vent Cleaned?
- If the dryer takes more than 50 minutes to dry a full load of laundry
- If your clothes have a foul odor after drying
- If the dryer gets hot to the touch after drying
- If water appears behind or underneath the dryer
- If there is a burning or gas smell
- Why Should We Use Your Company?
We provide service with a difference. Here are a few reasons to choose us;
- Flat Rate Fees – You know the exact cost for the cleaning. There are no surprises or hidden fees!
- 5 Star Service – We have excellent online reviews because we do what we say.
- Free Inspections – And 6-month warranty on dryer vent cleaning services.
- Military Veteran Owned & Operated
- Houston’s oldest dryer vent cleaning company
Additionally, we are an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau. We get the job done right, fair and honest!
- How do I avoid scams?
Unfortunately like many services there are scams and you need to be careful. Here are some tips to help in your decision:
- Don’t fall for advertisements or mailers offering cheap or free dryer vent cleaning. Nothing is free and these are sometimes a ruse to get inside of your home.
- Look for a company which are specialists. Many companies offer vent cleaning as a sideline and a way to sell you their primary service.
- Ask if they are insured.
- Look for a good address not a false one or a post box.
- Don’t fall for the leaf blower scam. Ask about what equipment they would be using and if it is specifically made for cleaning dryer vents.
- Why is there water everywhere?
The vent is clogged and the moisture cannot escape. This can lead to damage to your dryer and to your home or business.
- What do I need to do before the technician arrives?
Please remove any items that are around or blocking access to the dryer. In rare cases, we will have to charge extra if the technician is tied up moving laundry or items blocking access for removal of the dryer.
- What is that horrible vibration in my ceiling when my dryer is running?
Most likely it is a dryer vent booster fan with a build-up of lint on the impellers of the fan. The booster fan must be removed from the system, cleaned, hoses replaced, and sensor checked. Once the vent has then been cleaned the booster fan is then remounted properly.
- How do I know if I need to call an appliance repair company or get my vent cleaned?
There is a simple test; pull the dryer away from the wall and remove the dryer hose. Dry a small load and see if it is quicker than before. If so than your vent needs to be cleaned. Please feel free to take a look at some appliance repair companies we recommend as well as some other service companies and reference links.
- I clean the lint screen every time I use my dryer. How can my vent be clogged?
The lint screen in most modern dryers catch 40% to 60% of the lint from our clothes. It’s a challenge for most manufacturers of dryers as the dryer needs enough air flow to dry clothes properly, but a very small screen requires the user to clean it during the drying cycle.
- How do I know if my dryer vent needs to be cleaned?
- Does it take more than one 50 minute cycle to dry a full load of laundry?
- Does the dryer get hot to the touch on top of the dryer?
- The laundry gets hot but does not dry.
- It’s taking all day just to dry our clothes!